We offer a range of services for families, beneficiaries and lay executors looking to administer an estate.
When someone dies, there are many practical issues to manage, which are the responsibility and legal duty of the personal representatives. Once the death has been registered and copies of the death certificate have been obtained, we can assist with all aspects of the administration.
We offer a range of services for families, beneficiaries and lay executors looking to administer an estate. We know how daunting this process can seem and we are able to advise on your best course of action to obtain a grant of probate and distribute the assets/gifts.
Administering an estate can be a complicated process, involving HMRC, the UK Probate Court and often the Land Registry. If you would like to know more about what is involved, please call us.
We can assist with any or all of the following:
- Arranging the funeral and settling the invoices from the estate
- Whether there is a will or not, we can help applying for a grant of probate or letters of administration
- If you need to apply for probate, we will deal with the Inland Revenue and the Probate Court and negotiate any payment of inheritance tax if necessary
- Contacting all relevant organisations and persons
We can also help with:
- Completing all HM Revenue and Customs forms and establish whether an inheritance tax payment is due
- Arranging inheritance tax advances for estates with no funds available to make payment
- Submitting all the probate forms to the Probate Registry
- Arranging for the deceased’s property to be insured whilst it is vacant
- Organising clearance of any unwanted items and a team of specialist tradesmen to make any minor repairs if required
- Selling the property and arranging all conveyancing required
A typical probate estate will require an executor to contact:
- Banks and building societies
- Credit card companies
- The local register office
- Former/current employers
- Pension companies
- Investment and insurance companies
- The Inland Revenue
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Gas, electric, water, telephone and internet companies
- Post Office
- Television Licensing Agency
- The Land Registry
- The London Gazette
- Beneficiaries mentioned in the will
- Charities mentioned in the will
We can assist with any parts you are not sure of, or if you wish us to take on the job of administering the whole estate, we will be happy to help. Please call us on: 020 8114 7111.
“Southeast Legacies handled my father’s probate from start to finish. We would recommend them to anyone who needs help at this difficult time.”
Adrian Morat (originally posted at Google reviews)